TIME AND PLACE:
Doors: midday – 4.30pm
@ The London Eye, Riverside Building, County Hall, Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7PB
Tickets: £59 book online
In honour of The Queen’s 90th birthday the Coca-Cola London Eye are launching a limited-edition afternoon tea, which includes an exclusive themed afternoon tea served in the Riverside Rooms (overlooking the Eye). The themed tea will be followed by a trip on the London Eye, which has its very own Queen Elizabeth Coronation capsule.
Visitors can take in a number of iconic views from the London Eye all related to reigning monarch including Buckingham Palace, the Elizabeth Tower (the tower which houses Big Ben), the Queen Elizabeth Hall on Southbank Centre and the Golden Jubilee Bridge.
The Elizabeth Afternoon Tea at Riverside Rooms experience includes a 90-minute afternoon tea and a 30-minute rotation on the Coca-Cola London Eye.
The ‘Elizabeth Afternoon Tea’ Sample Menu
- The Windsor – smoked honey roast ham with cheddar cheese and tomato chutney
- The Buckingham – roast chicken with grain mustard mayonnaise
- The Traditional – cucumber and cream cheese with dill and chives
- The Balmoral – Scottish smoked salmon with cream cheese
Coronation Treats – Freshly baked fruit and plain scones with Cornish clotted cream and strawberry jam
- The Mustique Cake – Passion fruit and coconut macaroon with a mango ganache
- The Peggy Cake (named after Her Majesty’s first pony, given to her by
King George V) – apple honey teacakes
- The Mountbatten cake (Phillip Mountbatten – Prince Philip) – classic Battenberg cake
- The Lilibet Cake (the Queen’s name when she was little) Pistachio financier cake dipped in white chocolate and dandelion sherbet