TIME AND PLACE:
Doors: till late!
@ Secret Garden Party, Mill Hill Field, Abbots Ripton, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire PE28 2PH
Tickets: £185 weekend tickets book online
Explore the world of Science Fiction and imagine a new garden out of the old.
Using the inspiration of Arthur C Clarke, Azimov, Philip K Dick and Douglas Adams SGP are going to grow our imaginations from childish roots up into something more.
But in selecting the protocols for this mission we looked back not forward.
In 1889 a convention of the ‘gentlemen of the road’ came up with, and ratified by vote, a version of the following, they called it the Hobo Code.
SGP have called it: THE GARDENERS GUIDE TO THE GALAXY.
- Decide your own life, don’t let another person run or rule you
- Behave honourably at all times and respect the local law and officials
- Do not take advantage of someone who is in a vulnerable situation
- Do not allow yourself to become a stupid drunk and set a bad example for the treatment of other Gardeners
- Always respect nature, do not leave rubbish where you are playing
- You are in a community, pitch in and help
- Try to stay clean
- If you haven’t come to learn, come to teach
- When traveling, take your trip respectfully, take no personal chances & cause no problems
- Do not allow other Gardeners to harm anyone, expose all abusers to authorities
- People who intentionally cause harm to others are the worst people to infest any society
- Help all who are lost, and try to induce them to return home
- Look after your fellow Gardeners whenever and wherever needed, you may need their help someday
- Spread love
Such a beautiful day in the Garden!! ☀️??☀️ pic.twitter.com/8Uc4gDvJAS
— Secret Garden Party (@SecretGardenHQ) July 8, 2016