We post regular competitions including giveaways and money can’t buy experiences.
TIME AND PLACE:
@ Netil House, 1 Westgate Street, Hackney, London E8 3RL
Tickets: £8 book online
We’re giving away two pairs of tickets which include free entry and a drink. To enter all you have to do is email email@example.com and tell us who you’re going to take – don’t take this literally, the funnier the better!
We’re taking entries until Thursday 19th midnight.
Pop Up Ping Pong’s secret Elf Factory takes place in Hackney for one last round of festivities on the Saturday before Christmas.
No one throws a ping pong party like the ping pong party kings. If you’ve missed Pop Up Ping Pong so far, catch them for one last time in 2013 as they throw a Christmas special at The Elf Factory; long considered mere children’s fiction, but in fact top-secret adult reality.
Cheap bar to be stocked with winter warmers such as mulled wine and the usual beers at just £3 a bottle. To quell your hunger, street food maestros #BRGR are creating a delectable Christmas twist on their classic mini cheeseburgers with melted brie, cranberry sauce and a limited special edition turkey slider. Also, cronuts or crack pie, two of London and New York’s most sought-after sweets available in one place for one night only.
TIME AND PLACE:
Tue – Sun 19:30
Sat and Sun 14:30
@ Peacock Theatre, Portugal Street, London WC2A 2HT
Tickets: from £15 book online
Cirque Éloize, the leading international contemporary circus company, is
coming to London with iD a dazzling new production which blends circus arts
and urban dance including b-boying, breakdance and hip hop.
Win two tickets! Simply email us and tell us what you would do in a circus performance. Email firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of 29th September, the most fun idea will win.
Tickets are for Sunday 6th October at 19:30
TIME AND PLACE:
Doors: 19:30 till late
@ Ely’s Yard, Brick Lane, London E1 6QL
Free entry (email to attend, see below)
Cutty Cargo is touring the world’s major cities including London, New York and Tokyo, to discover the best homegrown creative cultures and talents.
To win two tickets simply email us and tell us who the most exciting person on the line up is! Email email@example.com by the end of Monday 9th with your name and phone number.
First stop is London where the hottest talent from across the city will be brought together in one place for one night, inside a giant reproduction of a wooden cargo crate, used to smuggle Cutty Sark whisky into America 90 years ago.
Singing sensation Jessie Ware will join London’s finest from across food, art, design and photography as part of an evening designed to inspire people to discover more.
Jessie Ware (musician)
Duke Dumont (DJ)
Miss Polly Rae (burlesque)
Tom Oxley (photography)
Meat Liquor (food)
69 Colebrooke Row (cocktails)
TIME AND PLACE:
Pretty Woman 20:00 Mon 26th August
Django Unchained 19.45 Thur 5th Sep
This Is Spinal Tap 19:30 Thur 19th Sep
@ Dulwich Park, College Road, Dulwich, London SE21 7BQ
Win tickets! Do you fancy an evening of film-related nostalgia and a Stella Artois? As the Official Beer and Cider Partner of The Luna Cinema, Stella Artois will serve film-goers perfectly poured Chalices of Stella Artois under the summer evening skies.
If you want to be there, we have one pair of tickets to giveaway to each screening of:
- Pretty Woman on bank holiday Monday 26th August
- Django Unchained on Thursday 5th September
- This is Spinal Tap on Thursday 19th September
For your chance to win just email your name, date of birth and film preference to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with your acceptance of our terms and conditions.
Terms and conditions apply, 18+ only, www.drinkaware.co.uk
Terms and Conditions
The Luna Cinema at Dulwich Park Ticket Giveaway (the “Promotion”)
No purchase necessary. Prize draw 19.08.2013 – 22.08.2013
1. The promoter is InFormed London (the “Promoter”). The prize is provided by AB InBev UK Limited (Company number: 3982132) of Porter Tun House, 500 Capability Green, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU1 3LS (the “Prize Provider”).
2. This Promotion is open to persons aged 18 or over and resident in the UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), excluding employees of the Promoter or the Prize Provider, and their immediate families, associated agents or anyone professionally associated with the administration of this Promotion. Entries from agents, third parties or consumer groups will not be accepted. Bulk entries will not be accepted.
3. The Promotion opens at 18:00 on 19th August 2013 and closes at 18:00 on 22nd August 2013 (the “Promotional Period”).
4. There are two general admission tickets available to be won for each of the three screenings set out below at The Luna Cinema: Dulwich Park, College Road, Dulwich, London, SE21 7BQ via three prize draws taking place at 18:00 on 22nd August 2013:
a) ‘Pretty Woman’ commencing at 20:00 on Monday 26th August 2013;
b) ‘Django Unchained’ commencing at 19:45 on Thursday 5th September 2013; and
c) ‘This Is Spinal Tap’, commencing at 19:30 on Thursday 19th September 2013.
Each pair of tickets is a “Prize”. There are 3 pairs of tickets available to be won in total.
5. To enter the Promotion, individuals should visit the Promoter’s website at (http://informedlondon.com/competitions), and submit their entry by emailing their personal details including name, date of birth, telephone number, email address and film preference, with acknowledgement of their acceptance of the terms and conditions to email@example.com (“Entry”).
6. One (1) participant will be chosen at random via a randomised computer programme from each of the three prize draws from all the participants who validly submitted their personal details in accordance with paragraph 5, who will each win a Prize for their screening preference (“Winners”). There will be three (3) Winners in total. Each Winner will be notified that they have won a prize by email by 18:00 on 23rd August 2013 to the email address they supplied on Entry. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are delayed, corrupted, or incomplete or cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason.
6. Each Prize is ticket only and does not include any travel, accommodation or any other expenses.
7. No purchase is necessary for entering into this Promotion.
8. Individuals are restricted to one entry per person during the Promotional Period. Syndicated entries or those made using methods such as a computer macro, a script or the use of automated device or processes are not allowed and all such entries will be disqualified and any Prize forfeited.
9. Prizes will be provided by Informed London (the “Promoter”) and can be redeemed at the Venue. Winners may be required to provide I.D (driving license, passport or similar). Guests of each participant must be aged 18 or over.
10. By entering this Promotion, the participant will be deemed to have read and understood these terms and conditions and be bound by them and the requirements in any other promotional material.
11. The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to verify all Winners, including but not limited to, proof of identity and/or age, as required, and to withdraw the Prize entitlement where there is, or the Promoter has reason to believe there is or has been, breach of these terms and conditions or the spirit of the Promotion has been compromised.
12. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason.
13. By entering this Promotion, the participant will be deemed to have read and understood these terms and conditions and be bound by them and the requirements in any other Promotional materials.
14. The Promoter will take all reasonable steps to avoid disappointing participants. The Promoter gives no warranties on the Prizes.
15. The Prize must be accepted as offered and is not transferrable. There are no cash or other prize alternatives available in whole or in part except in the event of circumstances outside its control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute similar alternatives of equal or greater value. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter the prizes will only be delivered directly to the winners.
16. Participants should not take any action which is illegal, constitutes a breach of trust or is otherwise derogatory or defamatory about Stella Artois or any of the Promoter’s other brands. The Promoter reserves the rights to withdraw the Prize in part or in whole if a Winner fails to comply with this requirement or if there is any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
17. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury sustained, as a result of, or in connection with this Promotion (in contract, negligence or otherwise) where:
(a) there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to the participant;
(b) the loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach; or
(c) any loss or damage or increase in loss or damage results from a breach by the participant of these terms and conditions or to the extent that the participant has failed to mitigate such loss or damage; and
(d) any loss or damage or increase in loss or damage results from business losses, and/or losses to non-consumers and any other third party.
18. The Promoter will not be held liable to any participants for any fraud committed by any third party nor in an event beyond its control.
19. Participants agree that their personal information will be used for the purposes of administering the Promotion and in connection with any PR mentioned in these terms and conditions. Please note that in processing the information in this way the Promoter may disclose the information to other companies in its group or to third parties employed by the Promoter.
20. Participants hereby consent to participate in any reasonable publicity accompanying and resulting from the Promotion required (for example use of the Participant’s name on a Stella Artois Facebook post), on behalf of the Promoter, if so requested, with no further recompense.
21. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of the terms and conditions or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may at its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any prize award.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw the Promotion as necessary due to exceptional circumstances outside their reasonable control and only where circumstances make this unavoidable and to substitute the Prize with one of equivalent or greater value.
23. The Promoter’s decision will be final in all circumstances and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous uninterrupted or secure access to the Website. Numerous factors outside the control of the Promoter may interfere with the operation of the Website.
25. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
TIME AND PLACE:
Doors: noon to midnight
@ The Brewhouse, The Railway Arches, 369-370 Helmsley Place, London E8 3SB
Earlybird entry (beer and food) £7
On the door £9
Beer challenge entry £3
The Great British Craft Beer Challenge Festival is the ultimate beer lovers test which brings brews from around the world together in one head to head challenge. This time it’s a clash of Titan craft beers from Great Britain vs Europe, as part of a far reaching search to all corners of the Globe bringing the best beer to London Fields in the heart of Hackney.
Unlike other international beer and brewing awards the British Craft Beer Challenge will invite opinion from you.
In case that’s not enough reason to bring family and friends along, the festival includes local food producers and musicians ready to provide the perfect accompaniment to a challenging day!
Your local British brew needs you this Saturday, get your craft beer hat on and head down!
To win a pair of tickets email us with your name, phone number and where the best place to drink beer will be this summer! firstname.lastname@example.org
Entrants must be over 18 and the competition will close Thursday 1 August at midnight.
We have 2 pairs of tickets to give away!! To enter, tweet:
“@InFormedLondon RT & follow to win 2 tickets to @PPlasticHelmet presents The Warriors @ClaphamPH / Mon 15th July http://informedlondon.com/14128/warriors”
Make sure you’re following us @InFormedLondon and @PPlasticHelmet so we can direct message you if you’ve won! The competition closes midday Monday 15th and the winner will be notified by Twitter. Good luck!
Food & drink in the bar: 8pm
Intro & screening: 9pm
@ Clapham Picturehouse, 76 Venn Street, Clapham, SW4 0AT
Tickets: £10.00 book online here
Can you dig it? For the fifth instalment of the film blog’s ongoing series of events, Permanent Plastic Helmet presents a special 35mm screening of Walter Hill’s New York cult classic THE WARRIORS.
This gaudy urban odyssey follows the eponymous Coney Island gang on their perilous journey home after they’ve been falsely accused of the murder of a major gang boss. Blessed with stunning cinematography, a host of superb New York locations, and a pumping soundtrack, THE WARRIORS is one of the best American films of the 1970s.
As with every PPH screening, it will be preceded by free food and drink soundtracked by classic soul in the bar, a prize giveaway, and an introduction by film critic Ashley Clark (Sight & Sound, Little White Lies). PPH always manage to create a great atmosphere for their one-off screenings, so don’t miss out!
We serve fresh events daily. Say hello on www.twitter.com/informedlondon
TIME AND PLACE:
From: various times
@ Various locations
Tickets: some events are free, see the website
Building on the success of the Floating Cinema 2011, UP Projects are launching a new Floating Cinema this summer. The cinema will feature an ‘Extra-Ordinary’ programme of outdoor screenings, canal tours, workshops and events along the waterways of East London and beyond.
Ahead of the festival Floating Cinema are launching a competition to find 12 ‘Extra-Ordinary’ East Londoners who can share their knowledge during a floating tour of East London’s waterways.
The twelve ‘Extra-Ordinary’ competition winners will form part of a floating tour which will be broadcast live on the Floating Cinema website on 24 August 2013 and featured in a short film.
If you think you could tell us something interesting, funny or personal about East London, submit a one minute YouTube clip of yourself or someone you know showing what you have to offer about East London.
Closing date is 19th July 2013. To enter submit a link to email@example.com
18:30 – 22:30
@ The Garage
20-22 Highbury Corner
Tickets £10 / Limited early bird £8
Over 29 successful years, DMC has been vital in the growth of the DJ as a highly influential modern day cultural icon, believing strongly in the idea that the DJ could create something new and exciting armed with nothing but two decks, and a mixer. Fast forward to 2013, and DMC has built an army of dedicated followers worldwide, housing successful branches and competitions in 25 countries. This year’s UK Final will be even more mouth wateringly, boundary pushing than the last with fantastic competitors from around the country battling for a place at the World Finals.
2013’s UK DJ Final and Battle For UK Supremacy take place at the Relentless Garage, London on 12th July with the winners not only winning a bevy of prizes (including a Rane 62 Mixer) but the chance to go head to head with the best in the world at the DMC World DJ Championships on 5th October.
To become a DMC World Champion, DJs around the world need to use techniques such as scratching & cutting on turntables in order to create their own musical arrangements, performing live in front of an audience of knowledgeable DMC fans and newcomers alike.
In between the battles on the night, the first ever DMC Online champion, DJ Unkut, will wow the crowds with undeniable skill, and UK legends Rodney P and Skitz take to the stage to show how and why they are still the greatest in the country’s rap scene. With so many classics between the three of them, if there’s a small chance you don’t know who these rap royalty are, you will after the DMC UK Finals.
We are lucky to have two tickets up for grabs for the finals.
All you have to do is answer this simple question.
Who is the youngest winner of the DMC World DJ Championships?
Send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org
Place DMC Comp in the Sebject line
Send the answer with your name, the person you’re taking and your contact number.
The competition closes Wednesday 10th July
TO WIN 2 TICKETS AND A PIZZA FOR REEL MUSIC: STRIKES BACK, SIMPLY FOLLOW AND TWEET:
@ Bloomsbury Bowling Lanes
Basement of Tavistock Hotel,
Tickets £5 advance booking, £7 all night on the door
Every few months InFormed London wait eagerly for the return of REEL MUSIC – and they STRIKE BACK this month with the tagline: May the 4th be with you! Ok, yes, it’s obvious this is a movie-themed club night, and for film fans it’s an uninhibited haven in an underground bowling alley. Here’s what you can expect:
FANCY DRESS is highly encouraged! Come as your favourite film character. Plus… OSCARS awarded to the best dressed. AMERICAN DINER for a Pulp Fiction style snack. POOL if you fancy yourself the Hustler, get your game on! ARCADE GAMES for some old skool arcade action and TEN PIN BOWLING if you want to be ‘the Dude’ and play a few frames as the soundtracks spin. Lanes are pre-bookable (or available on the night) at an additional fee, as are KARAOKE ROOMS, if you want to provide your own musical entertainment. Too much Dirty Dancing?! Take a seat in the CINEMA area where classic movie scores await you! Finally, the PAPARAZZI – snapper to the stars – will be on hand to capture the memories.
We’ve already got our costumes ready, what about you?
“Dancing, Drinking, Bowling, Karaoke, Cinema, Popcorn, Soundtracks… REEL MUSIC, a ‘5 Star’ night out for film fans!”
We serve fresh events daily. Say hello on twitter.com/informedlondon
To win two tickets simply email your name and phone number to email@example.com by Wednesday noon and tell us what song you will listen to on Deezer (if the song is Justin Bieber your entry won’t be accepted). The winner will be notified by phone at noon. Over 18 years old only. Good luck!
TIME AND PLACE:
Doors: to be announced
@ Secret location in London
Deezer, the premier music streaming service, is staging an innovative whistle stop tour of four of the UK’s major cities; Glasgow, Manchester, Birmingham and London.
Featuring four gigs, with four amazing bands – Little Boots, Dog Is Dead, The Ramona Flowers, Fridge Magnets – in four secret pop up locations – this is The Deezer Bandwagon tour. Tickets for this exclusive event are available for just 300 people in each city; to win tickets with Deezer directly and prizes, enter at www.deezer.com/en/app/bandwagon
Deezer will exclusively invite 300 fans in each city to “get on the bandwagon” and attend each outdoor performance – each gig will be a “silent” concert. The shows will be performed from inside a mobile perspex box with fans able to see the band but NOT hear them. However, no one will miss a note, as anyone who is invited to attend a Bandwagon gig or wins a money-can’t-buy ticket will be given a special pair of Deezer “silent disco” headphones and will be able to hear the performance.
Mon 15, Glasgow, Fridge Magnets
Tuesday 16, Manchester, The Ramona Flowers
Wednesday 17, Birmingham, Dog is Dead
Thursday 18, London, Little Boots