We post regular competitions including giveaways and money can’t buy experiences.
TIME AND PLACE:
Opening times: 10:00-22:00 (Fright Nights attractions open at 15:00)
@ Thorpe Park, Staines Road, Chertsey, Surrey KT16 8PN (30 minutes from Waterloo)
Tickets: from £25.99 book online
Fright Nights return to stake its bloodied claim and reveals brand new horror maze experience Studio 13 as part of the spine-chilling line up to celebrate 13 terrifying years of everyone’s worst nightmares.
Guests can experience famous horror attractions into the night and ride five world-class roller coasters (THE SWARM, Stealth, SAW – The Ride, Nemesis Inferno, Colossus)
You also trick or treat yourself to a VIP package including back-stage horror passes and the scarily-popular Face it Alone experience, returning for its second terrifying year www.thorpebreaks.co.uk
10, 11, 12, 17, 18, 19, 24 October – 2 November
Win four tickets for you and your mates to the opening night by emailing email@example.com and telling us what you’re most scared off! We will pick a winner at random on Monday 6th October.
TIME AND PLACE:
@ The Photographers’ Gallery, 16-18 Ramillies St, London W1F 7LW
Tickets: £7 book online
To mark the publication of Phaidon’s beautiful new design title, Shooting Space: Architecture in Contemporary Photography, join author Elias Redstone in a conversation with distinguished photographers Bas Princen and Richard Wentworth, whose work is featured in this exciting collection of work.
Win two tickets by emailing us with the name of your favourite building in London by the end of today (midnight Thursday 25th September). Email firstname.lastname@example.org winners will be chosen by Friday 26th September.
Co-curator of the upcoming Barbican exhibition Constructing Worlds: Photography and Architecture in the Modern Age.
Artist and photographer living and working in Rotterdam. His work focuses on the transformations of the urban landscape, researching possible future scenarios and outcomes using photography.
Artist, played a leading role in New British Sculpture since the end of the 1970s. Wentworth photographs the everyday, paying attention to objects and involuntary geometries, as well as uncanny situations that often go unnoticed.
18:00 – 23.30
29 Romilly St,
Buy Tickets Here
Authentic Cuban rum Havana Club is teaming up with legendary Soho restaurant Kettner’s to launch ‘Nothing Compares to Havana’ – a journey through the story and production of Havana Club, Cuban cocktails and Cuban Music. This immersive experience will run for a limited period only – from the 10th – 13th September.
Spread over the entire second floor of the renowned London restaurant; this informative and fun adventure will allow rum enthusiasts and novices alike to enjoy and learn more about Havana Club. There will also be an opportunity to learn about how the rum is made and get a flavour for Cuban culture, along with a specially designed Cuban tasting menu, created by Kettner’s head chef Yosef Edri.
The journey will start with a brief history on the origins of rum and a master class on how to make an authentic Cuban mojito. The next stage of the experience will delve into how Havana Club rum is produced and offer the chance to sample sugarcane, molasses and aguardiente; key elements illustrating the rum production process. ‘Nothing Compares to Havana’ will then finish with a Havana Club rum tasting session, led by Meimi Sanchez, International and UK Brand ambassador for Havana Club. She will pair some of the brand’s most iconic rums, such as Havana Club Selección de Maestros, one of the higher styles of Cuban rum with a selection of chocolates.
If you want to win entries just tweet your Personal Havana Club Custom Cocktail and we will pick the best. Be as imaginative as possible.
Tweet us @InformedLondon
WIN EXCLUSIVE TICKETS TO IGNITE LONDON, A NIGHT OF UNFORGETTABLE MUSIC AND ENTERTAINMENT,
HEADLINED BY LONDON-BASED COLLECTIVE
COMPETITION CLOSES TONIGHT AT 7PM!
Informed London has teamed up with Heineken® to offer 5 lucky readers the chance to win a pair of tickets to the hottest event in town, Ignite London. Taking place on Thursday 21st August, winners will be treated to a premium night of entertainment at one London’s landmark buildings.
With a headline performance by London-based collective, Jungle, supported by Beaty Heart, Heineken® is offering guests the chance to experience an exclusive gig under the iconic towers of Battersea Power Station.
Following their recent Glastonbury & Lollapalooza appearances, musical duo Jungle, known simply as ‘J’ and ‘T’, will treat fans to an exclusive set from their critically acclaimed eponymously named debut album, including tracks such as ‘The Heat’, ‘Busy Earnin’ and ‘Platoon.’
All you have to do to enter is tweet:
RT & follow @InFormedLondon to win 2 tickets to @Heineken presents Jungle @BatterseaPwrStn Thur 21st Aug #OpenLondon http://informedlondon.com/16679/jungle
Or “Like” our Jungle competition post on Facebook. Simple!
If you’re not lucky this time, don’t worry, simply head to startreatment.co for another chance to get your hands on these money can’t buy tickets.
TIME AND PLACE:
Mo-Fr 12-15 and 17:00-22:00
@ Death By Burrito, 2-4 Hoxton Square, London N1 6NU
Mexican street food institution recently celebrated the opening of its new permanent residence at Hoxton Square.
The menu mixes popular classics and dishes from ‘Death By Burrito – The Cookbook’.
The tequila only cocktail menu was curated by award winning, Ryan Chetiyawardana (Mr Lyan).
Win a meal for two and a copy of The Cookbook. To enter, email us email@example.com with your full name and who you will take with you. Entries close at midnight 23/07/14
To celebrate being the Official Wine of Wimbledon, Jacob’s Creek has launched two limited edition Wimbledon bottles (Classic Chardonnay and Shiraz).
Win a bottle of Classic Chardonnay or Shiraz.
To enter email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us who you will be sharing your bottle with.
Terms and conditions:
- Competition open until 30/06/14
- You must be over 18 years old
- The prize is not refundable, transferable and no cash alternative will be provided
Jacob’s Creek is giving you the chance to win Wimbledon tickets by sending them videos of you playing #tennisfreestyle to find out more visit their Facebook page www.facebook.com/jacobscreekuk
Wednesday 4th June – Sunday 8th June
@ The O2
Tickets: From £45
Buy Tickets Here
Cirque du Soleil is delighted that its signature production of Dralion will be touring UK arenas in 2014: visiting Glasgow SSE Hydro 7-11 May, Sheffield Motorpoint Arena 14-18 May, Birmingham LG Arena 22-25 May, London O2 Arena 4-8 June and Manchester Phones 4u Arena 11-15 June. This is the first time that Dralion, which celebrates its 15th Anniversary next year, will have toured arenas in the UK.
Tickets are on sale now for Dralion shows in Glasgow, Sheffield, Birmingham and Manchester and will be on sale from Friday 29th November for the London O2 Arena shows. Visit www.livenation.co.uk or call 0844 856 0202. Tickets are priced £45.00- £55.00 for the London O2 shows and £50 for the Glasgow, Sheffield, Birmingham and Manchester shows .
Dralion is a classic Cirque du Soleil production that has received international acclaim and astonished more than 8 million people worldwide since it premiered in Montreal in 1999. Dralion features an international cast of 50 performers, clowns, singers and musicians from 15 different countries.
The amazing 2-hour production features gravity-defying acrobatics which will wow and blow away audiences of all ages. Spectators will be at the edge of their seats when fearless aerialists bounce off trampolines using the wall as diving board and landing pad.
In the Crossed wheel act, the artist masters this unique acrobatic apparatus, turning, spinning and manoeuvring the wheel; while in the spectacular aerial hoop act, the aerialist is suspended high above the stage while performing some evocative choreography.
Cirque du Soleil has brought wonder and delight to more than 100 million spectators in more than 300 cities in over forty countries on six continents.
We are running a competition for you to win a pair of tickets to the show on Wednesday 4th June 2014.
All you have to do is answer this question.
What does Cirque du Soleil mean in english?
Send answer to email@example.com and place ‘Win Cirque’ in the subject line. Send us your answer with contact details: phone number and names of people going.
Competition closes Friday 30th May 2014
TIME AND PLACE:
Open: day and evenings
@ The O2, Peninsula Square, London SE10 0DX
Tickets: from £26 book online
Dare to experience something new this Easter break with an invigorating trip up one of London’s most iconic landmarks. Up at The O2 is a day out with a difference and offers adventurous spirits an unforgettable and exhilarating 90-minute climb. The unique journey to the peak of the world-renowned entertainment venue rewards visitors with spectacular 360 degree panoramic views across the capital, where climbers can take in the sights of all the famous landmarks London has to offer including the city, the Gherkin and the River Thames.
Win a pair of tickets for anytime this summer. To enter email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what landmark you want to see from the top of The O2. Please include your name and phone number and check requirements below. Winners will be selected 30/04/14 good luck!
- Min age 10 years old
- Min height 1.2m
- Not weigh more than 21 stone/130kg/286lbs
- Max waist measurement 125cm
- Max upper thigh measurement 75cm
- At least one adult climber for every two climbers aged under 18
We’re teaming up with Stella Artois to offer you the chance to win one of five pairs of tickets to the UK satellite preview of The Double, followed by a live-streamed Q&A with Jonathan Ross and the film’s director, Richard Ayoade.
The exclusive events take place at the following Picturehouse Cinemas on Thursday 27th March, and we have one pair of general admission tickets up for grabs for each of the following venues:
• Clapham Picturehouse, 76 Venn Street, London SW4 0AT
• Gate Picturehouse, 87 Notting Hill Gate, London W11 3JZ
• Greenwich Picturehouse, 180 Greenwich High Road, London SE10 8NN
• Ritzy Picturehouse, Brixton Oval, Coldharbour Lane, London, SW2 1JG
• Stratford East Picturehouse, Salway Road, London E15 1BX
To be in with a chance of winning simply email your name, date of birth, preferred screening location and contact telephone number to email@example.com with ‘The Double Competition’ in the email subject.
Terms and Conditions apply (see below), 18+ only, closes 10.00pm Sunday 23rd March.
Terms and Conditions
The Double UK Preview Ticket Giveaway (the “Promotion”)
No purchase necessary. Prize draw
20.03.2014 – 23.03.2014
1. The promoter is InFormed London (www.informedlondon.com) (the “Promoter”). The prize is provided by AB InBev UK Limited (Company number: 3982132) of Porter Tun House, 500 Capability Green, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU1 3LS (the “Prize Provider”).
2. This Promotion is open to persons aged 18 or over and resident in the UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), excluding employees of the Promoter or the Prize Provider, and their immediate families, associated agents or anyone professionally associated with the administration of this Promotion. Entries from agents, third parties or consumer groups will not be accepted. Bulk entries will not be accepted.
3. The Promotion opens at 06.00am on 20th March 2014 and closes at 10.00pm on 23rd March 2014 (the “Promotional Period”).
4. There is one pair of general admission tickets available to be won for each of the following UK preview screenings of The Double at 6.45pm on Thursday 27th March 2014, with five prize draws taking place at 10.00am on Monday 24th March 2014:
- Clapham Picturehouse, 76 Venn Street, London, SW4 0AT
- Gate Picturehouse, 87 Notting Hill Gate, London, W11 3JZ
- Greenwich Picturehouse, 180 Greenwich High Road, Greenwich, London, SE10 8NN
- Ritzy Picturehouse, Brixton Oval, Coldharbour Lane, London, SW2 1JG
- Stratford East Picturehouse, Salway Road, London, E15 1BX
Each pair of tickets is a “Prize”. There are five pairs of tickets available to be won in total.
5. To enter the Promotion, individuals should visit the Promoter’s website at (www.informedlondon.com/competitions) (“Website”), and submit their entry by emailing their personal details including name, date of birth, email address, preferred screening location and contact telephone number to firstname.lastname@example.org, including ‘The Double Competition’ in the email subject to enter. (“Entry”).
6. Five participants will be chosen at random via a randomised computer programme from the prize draw of all the participants who validly submitted their personal details in accordance with paragraph 5, who will each win a Prize (“Winner”). There will be five (5) Winners in total. The Winners will be notified that they have won a prize by email by 11.00am on 24th March 2014 to the email address they supplied on Entry (“Notifying Email”). The Winners must respond to the Notifying Email no later than 24 hours after the time the Notifying Email is sent (as per the time stamp on the sent email) confirming their acceptance of the Prize, agreement to the Terms and Conditions, and the name and date of birth of their guest. If the Winner does not reply to the Notifying Email within 24 hours, that Winner forfeits their Prize and a replacement Winner will be drawn in their place from the entries received during the Promotional Period. Once the Winner’s acceptance of the Prize has been received by the Promoter, he or she will be sent a confirmation email no later than 24 hours prior to the screening providing further details about the Prize including the time of screening, location of cinema and where to go to on arrival at the cinema. Upon acceptance of the Prize by email in accordance with this paragraph, the Prize Provider will add the Winner and their guest’s name to the Stella Artois guest list. Upon arrival at the specified Picturehouse, the Winner and their guest should ask for the guest list queue and state their name to Picturehouse staff who will check their name against the guest list they have been provided.
7. Each Prize is ticket only and does not include any travel, food, drink, accommodation or any other expenses.
8. No purchase is necessary for entering into this Promotion.
9. Individuals are restricted to one entry per person during the Promotional Period. Syndicated entries or those made using methods such as a computer macro, a script or the use of automated device or processes are not allowed and all such entries will be disqualified and any Prize forfeited.
10. The Winners may be required to provide I.D (driving license, passport or similar). Guests of each participant must be aged 18 or over.
11. By entering this Promotion, the participant will be deemed to have read and understood these terms and conditions and be bound by them and the requirements in any other promotional material.
12. The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to verify the Winners, including but not limited to, proof of identity and/or age, as required, and to withdraw the Prize entitlement where there is, or the Promoter has reason to believe there is or has been, breach of these terms and conditions or the spirit of the Promotion has been compromised.
13. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason.
14. The Promoter will take all reasonable steps to avoid disappointing participants. The Promoter gives no warranties on the Prizes.
15. The Prize must be accepted as offered and is not transferrable. There are no cash or other prize alternatives available in whole or in part except in the event of circumstances outside its control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute similar alternatives of equal or greater value. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter the prizes will only be delivered directly to the winner.
16. Participants should not take any action which is illegal, constitutes a breach of trust or is otherwise derogatory or defamatory about Stella Artois or any of the Promoter’s other brands. The Promoter reserves the rights to withdraw the Prize in part or in whole if the Winner fails to comply with this requirement or if there is any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
17. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury sustained, as a result of, or in connection with this Promotion (in contract, negligence or otherwise) where:
(a) there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to the participant;
(b) the loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach; or
(c) any loss or damage or increase in loss or damage results from a breach by the participant of these terms and conditions or to the extent that the participant has failed to mitigate such loss or damage; and
(d) any loss or damage or increase in loss or damage results from business losses, and/or losses to non-consumers and any other third party.
18. The Promoter will not be held liable to any participants for any fraud committed by any third party nor in an event beyond its control.
19. Participants agree that their personal information will be used for the purposes of administering the Promotion and in connection with any PR mentioned in these terms and conditions. Please note that in processing the information in this way the Promoter may disclose the information to other companies in its group or to third parties employed by the Promoter.
20. Participants hereby consent to participate in any reasonable publicity accompanying and resulting from the Promotion required (for example use of the Participant’s name on a Stella Artois Facebook post), on behalf of the Promoter, if so requested, with no further recompense.
21. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of the terms and conditions or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may at its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any prize award.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw the Promotion as necessary due to exceptional circumstances outside their reasonable control and only where circumstances make this unavoidable and to substitute the Prize with one of equivalent or greater value.
23. The Promoter’s decision will be final in all circumstances and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous uninterrupted or secure access to the Website. Numerous factors outside the control of the Promoter may interfere with the operation of the Website.
25. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
TIME AND PLACE:
@ Netil House, 1 Westgate Street, Hackney, London E8 3RL
Tickets: £8 book online
We’re giving away two pairs of tickets which include free entry and a drink. To enter all you have to do is email email@example.com and tell us who you’re going to take – don’t take this literally, the funnier the better!
We’re taking entries until Thursday 19th midnight.
Pop Up Ping Pong’s secret Elf Factory takes place in Hackney for one last round of festivities on the Saturday before Christmas.
No one throws a ping pong party like the ping pong party kings. If you’ve missed Pop Up Ping Pong so far, catch them for one last time in 2013 as they throw a Christmas special at The Elf Factory; long considered mere children’s fiction, but in fact top-secret adult reality.
Cheap bar to be stocked with winter warmers such as mulled wine and the usual beers at just £3 a bottle. To quell your hunger, street food maestros #BRGR are creating a delectable Christmas twist on their classic mini cheeseburgers with melted brie, cranberry sauce and a limited special edition turkey slider. Also, cronuts or crack pie, two of London and New York’s most sought-after sweets available in one place for one night only.