TIME AND PLACE:
Doors: 12:00-17:30 and 18:00-23:30
@ The Paperworks, 48-50 Newington Causeway, London SE1 6DR
Tickets: £35 book online
Twenty Something London has sunk its teeth into a bigger, better and beefier event for 2015, partnering with Red Stripe and The Paperworks to bring the city’s burger-mad the chance to consume an unacceptable amount of the capital’s best calibre burgers all under one roof.
Top 10 Burgers tested for the event include:
– 1st place: The Veni Moo, Wild Game Co.
– 2nd place: The Bacon Cheeseburger, Bleecker St.
– 3rd place: The Angry Grizzly, Stokey Bears
– 4th place: The Smokey Bandit, Hotbox
– 5th place: The Buffalo Bill, Street Kitchen
– 6th place: The Honest, Honest Burgers
– 7th place: The Green Chilli Cheese Burger, Dip n Flip
– 8th place: The El Chappo, Lucky Chip
– 9th place: The Boom Burger, Boom Burger
– 10th place: The Juice Bastard, Burger Craft
The list has received a shake-up from last year with old favourites Mother Flipper, Patty & Bun, Tommi’s, Hawksmoor and even last year’s number one, Flat Iron, falling off the edge. The crop of newcomers includes Spitalfields smokehouse Hotbox, Manhattan-inspired street food stall Bleecker St, pub-punter favourite Lucky Chip, Portobello road’s hidden Jamaican gem Boom Burger, and the third in Burger Bear Tom’s disco dens, Stokey Bears.