10:00 – 18:00
Lates Wednesday 18:45 – 22:00
@ The Science Museum
Every last wednesday of the month The Science Museum puts on LATES a totally FREE night of Adults only Entertainment.
It runs till 22:00 so you don’t need to worry about being late.
Ever wondered what it would feel like to be part of a 132 piece Orchestra?
For 6 weeks this summer the Science Museum is hosting a major new digital installation by the Philharmonia Orchestra – Universe of Sound: The Planets.
This interactive experience re-creates the feeling of being part of an orchestra, using state of the art technology including: touch screens, movement-based interaction and planetarium-style projection. Visitors will be able to take on the role of a musician, conductor or even a composer as well as…
- Experience giant live 360 degree projections of the Orchestra performing The Planets conducted by Principal Conductor and Artistic Advisor Esa-Pekka Salonen
- Create your own unique Planets musical experience by joining in as a musician, conductor, arranger or composer
- Record performances that can be posted and shared online
- Play virtual and real instruments and talk to Philharmonia musicians who will be present every day at the exhibit
- See the entire 132 piece orchestra alongside multi-channel surround sound
Join in and be part of the wonderful world of music at the Science Museum!