TIME AND PLACE:
Doors: 19:00 – 23:00
@ Wellcome Collection, 183 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE
An intimate evening of dance and sound to explore what it means to display and to be on display.
What do you choose to look at, what details do you pay attention to and what does this say about you? Sound and performance will be woven into the fabric of the building’s spaces as Candoco Dance Company explores how much we choose to display about ourselves, what we reveal subconsciously and what remains hidden.
As exhibits for the evening, Candoco’s disabled and non-disabled dancers will perform throughout the building, asking us to consider the subtleties and complexities of what it means to be on display. How much will they dare to reveal? What will you choose to see?
Go and experience a different kind of Friday Late Spectacular as Candoco brings a fresh perspective to the spaces and objects. Prepare to move and to be moved.
This is a special late-night event with a bar running all night.
- 19.30 Show and Tell: The psychology of dancing and watching movement’ with Peter Lovatt (tickets available from 18.30)
- 20.30 Nothing to See Here: Disability on display’ with Tom Shakespeare (tickets available from 19.30)
- 21.30 The Truth Prevails: Decoding display to reveal what people really think’ with Patrick Fagan (tickets available from 20.30)
- 20.00 and 21.00: Dance Like Nobody’s Watching (tickets available from 19.30 and 20.30)
- 19.30 and 21.30 Unknowing. Drop-in but first come, first served for headphones which will give you an intimate sound experience, getting you closer to the movement during the performance
— Wellcome Collection (@ExploreWellcome) May 4, 2016